With Earth Day falling on Thursday, April 22nd, climate change initiatives are likely to be at the forefront of causes for the month April as they’ll be in focus globally. Since inception in 1970, many important environmental events have happened on Earth Day, including the recent signing of the Paris Agreement in 2016 – a legally binding international treaty on climate change. This year, the Biden Administration has decided to convene a global climate summit on Earth Day 2021.
YOUR MONTHLY THEME
While Earth Day will be universally celebrated, April is also “Earth Month”. We anticipate increased attention towards climate change initiatives for the month of April and on the minds of your customers who will be excited to support the cause when they shop with you this month.
Additional Social Holiday Opportunities for April
Social Holidays can be used for ad hoc campaigns independently or on top of your Earth Month theme. The Givz Team will add relevant featured charities for your customers to support. These work great with accompanying social media posts to announce the day & your Givz promotion.
- 2. Friday, World Autism Awareness Day #WAAD
- 7. Wednesday, World Health Day #WorldHealthDay
- 11. Sunday, National Pet Day #NationalPetDay
- 13. Tuesday, Equal Pay Day #EqualPayDay
- 15. Thursday, Get To Know Your Customers Day #GetToKnowYourCustomersDay
- 16. Friday, National High-Five Day #NH5D
- 22. Thursday, Earth Day #EarthDay2021
- 23. Friday, Arbor Day #ArborDay
- 25. Sunday, World Malaria Day #EndMalariaForGood
- 29. Thursday, International Dance Day #InternationalDanceDay
- 30. Friday, National Adopt a Shelter Pet Day #AdoptAShelterPetDay
- 30. Friday, International Jazz Day #JazzDay
For our monthly clients, we suggest selecting a few of the featured charities and we’ll add them to your campaign for April. For clients looking to launch a new campaign, we’ll need to decide on dates (start + end), an incentive structure along with charity selections.
- Start Date: First week of April.
- End Date: At least thru Earth Day (Thursday, April 22) if not end of month.
- Percentage Back: Customers will receive X% back to support a charity of their choice (10% is common).
- Spend Threshold: Spend $60+ and [Your Brand] will donate $10 to the charity of your choice (Spend $60, Get $10).
- Redemption Rate: Customers select their charity post-checkout and typically we see redemption rate normalize between 20% and 30%. Versus a discount that is redeemed at a 100% rate, you will actually save money as you empower your customers.
Shopify Preview Display
If you are a Shopify client, the Givz Interface will display post-checkout for customers and you can customize your text as you celebrate new causes with your community. The Givz Charity Search allows consumers to search & support a large range of registered charities in the United States.
Select 3-6 Featured Charities
These charities are displayed as featured charities post-checkout for your customers to support.
350.org is building a future that’s just, prosperous, equitable and safe from the effects of the climate crisis. Founded in 2008, they are an international movement of ordinary people working to end the age of fossil fuels and build a world of community-led renewable energy for all. https://350.org
Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is one of the world’s leading environmental organizations. Building a better future together. For more than 50 years they’ve been pioneers, using science and difference perspectives to make the environment safe and healthier for us all. https://www.edf.org
Friends of the Earth fights for a more healthy and just world. Together they speak truth to power and expose those who endanger the health of people and the planet for corporate profit. https//foe.org
Oceana protects the future of our oceans and marine life. It’s time for change. Dolphins, whales and other non-targeted marine life are dying in unsustainable fishing gear Oceana’s science-based campaigns find innovative solutions that help make our oceans healthier and more abundant. https://oceana.org
Rainforest Action Network (RAN) preserves forests, protects the climate and upholds human rights by challenging corporate power and systemic injustice through frontline partnerships and strategic campaigns. https://www.ran.org
Sierra Club Foundation is the most enduring and influential grass root environmental organization in the United States. They amplify the power of their 3.8 million members and supporters to defend everyone’s right to a healthy world. https://sierraclub.org
The Nature Conservancy is a global environmental nonprofit working to create a world where people and nature can thrive. Thanks to more than a million members and dedicated efforts of their diverse staff and over 400 scientists, they impact conservation in 72 countries and territories. https://nature.org
The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) works to safeguard the earth – its people, its plants and animals, and the natural systems on which all life depends. https://www.nrdc.org